Friday, February 29, 2008

In which I weigh in on old stories and dead memes

OK, As was brought up in the comments to my last post, my advice on "Brand New Day" may, MAY be too little too late. Personally, we've just seen that no comic story is irreversible (Hello there Bucky, hi Jason!), so keep it in mind.



However, in an attempt to try and stay current, I'm going to dislodge a few other old topics and ancient memes in rapid fire mode here. Doesn't mean I won't come back to some of these, but I do want to try and move onwards and upwards.


So, let us begin.










Really, all his designs tend to be a bit "meh" to me.











The passing of Steve Gerber only makes this sentiment MORE valid, not less so, in my opinion.

















Just a note on the second one here: I was very annoyed because in the previous month they had a cover in which the Falcon ON FIRE. Marvel as a very disturbing idea of image marketing here.



My two-years too-late contribution to Dorian's old Meme. And of course, understanding means you've either read the issue or at least my review of it.


Last but not least...



Do you REALLY need me to comment on this one?



No comments: