WHO IS HE?
T'Challa, the king of the small but incredibly powerful African nation of Wakanda
WHERE IS HIS PROOF OF BASTARD?
Everywhere he shows up in Marvel, usually. But the best proof lies in the Christopher Priest written Black Panther series of a few years ago (Criminally not available in trade).
COLD BASTARD LESSONS LEARNED?
Personal allegiances, family, friends, lovers (present and former), higher ideals, the trust of nations and global stability are all secondary to the safety and security of Wakanda.
Let's just go through a few of the highlights in bullet point form
- Kept a fleet of warships parked in the Hudson River, just in case.
- Crashed the global economy to maintain control of his nation's destiny
- Cheated the Devil and the lord of Nightmares
- Manipulated several heads of state into doing his bidding
- Manipulated several NYPD members for his own purposes
- Used a child to manipulate his control of the Wakanda tribes
- Fought the Fantastic Four to learn about their technology and test himself
- Joined the Avengers to learn if they were a threat to his nation.
What's important to note here is how consistent he is at this, and no matter how much he has damned himself, no matter how many friends he seems to stab in the back, he is still revered. That, that my friends, is the true cold bastard ethos right there.