WHO IS HE?
Scott Summers, leader of the X-Men.
WHERE IS HIS PROOF OF BASTARD?
See the last 20 years of X-Men stories. The last 5 if you are feeling lazy.
COLD BASTARD LESSONS LEARNED
Cheating, abandoning, and lying to my loved ones is A-OK!
I'm going to save some time and just put up the bullet points:
- Abandoned first wife and newborn son to meet up with teenage sweetheart. Never looked back.
- Gave up son to be raised by strangers 2000 years in the future
- Cheated on second wife (The teenage sweetheart, Jean Grey) by having a psychic affair with a dubious person (Emma Frost)
- Hooked up with dubious woman within hours of second wife's death.
- Lied to friends and allies about the true cause of a major species event (The loss of powers on M-Day).
- Has consistently ignored biological daughter from alternate timeline (Rachel Summers), and has at best, strained relationship with biological son (Nathan Summers, aka Cable) to the point of recently sending a deathsquad after his own son.
- Has taken no interest in the actions of his brothers (Havok and Vulcan) despite their actions leading to the death of his father (Corsair).
- Lying to current lover and denying the existence of a secret X-Men Death Squad.
As you can see, Scott here is a real winner. Now, granted, he has a better justification than most; he has not one, but two dysfunctional fathers. The first is Corsair (Christopher Summers), mentioned above. Now, granted, Corsair initially thought his children were dead and it wasn't his fault that he was kidnapped by space aliens. However, after Christopher Summers finds out about his kids, well, it just seems like he's a massive dick for not at least staying around and catching up and maybe healing the divide of a couple decades just so he can play pirate and have sex with a catgirl. Not that there's anything wrong with that. But then there's Scott's surrogate father: Charles Xavier, whom from the moment they met, basically groomed Scott to be a child soldier for Charles' ideology. So, is it any wonder he's a bit damaged?
NEXT UP: A truly "COLD BASTARD"